Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On my own...





I'm very sad this morning as I just dropped my mom off at the airport. She's been here a month and has been a tremendous help. Not really sure how I'm going to do this on my own, but we'll manage! I'm so thankful that she can come and stay so long and is such a big help! Not only did she help me recover at the hospital, took care of the boys, and took care of Caroline, but let me list a few of the other tasks she tackled while here... organized the garage so we have space to actually walk in the house, put a fence up in the backyard to separate a place for the boys and a place for the dogs, hung pictures, redecorated my downstairs bathroom, found a climbing plaything for the boys, hung a ladder, made me install a laundry system, did about 400 loads of laundry, grocery shopped, picked up food, the list goes on and on. I know I'm forgetting things! She also made me go through some "dry runs" of picking the boys up at school by myself and taking care of everybody the last couple of days on my own so I could feel like I could do it! That's really what a good mom does.. does things for you and then shows you how you can do it on your own! I"m so thankful to my mom and so glad my kids have her for their granny!


Now the real fun begins.....stay tuned...


I'm going to try to post a couple of new pictures too! All right, I'm still learning and posted my picture twice! I'll get some more of the boys soon too!

2 comments:

Catherine T said...

I have absolute faith in you that you can do this on your own. Just keep in mind there is a family in Arkansas that has 18 kids!! Whew, aren't you glad that's not you :) You are such a great mommy!

Dan LaBroad - Reece's Daddy said...

It should not be too hard though..especially with such a great husband.