Friday, October 3, 2008

A very special name


My sweet Caroline is named after another very special Caroline. Her mother, Monica, (in picture), graciously let me use the name after her precious daughter. My mom and Monica grew up together in San Antonio and have known each other for many years (dating back to high school pranks and all!). We lived in San Antonio for 3 years and became very close with Monica and her family. We spent lots of time at their house, took vacations together, and blended our two families alot! Monica has 4 children and Caroline is the third in line. I so remember when she was little just falling in love with her. I held her ALL the time and just played with her like she was my own little doll. She loved this as well and we were very close. We moved away and we would see the family about once a year as we got older. Caroline grew up in to quite a young woman. She was very active in church, volunteered, and enjoyed her friends. She also had a gift for reaching out to others, particularly those who were hard to reach. As I understand it, in high school when everyone forms cliques, Caroline's only requirement to be her friend was that you were genuine. Very sadly, Caroline died in a car accident several years ago. It still just breaks my heart to think of her pretty smile and sweet demeanor. God has a very special angel by His side. Sometimes I think He thought Caroline was too sweet for this earth of ours.

Her mother, Monica, is also very special. While this is extremely difficult, she always manages to smile and have kind words for others. I'm so glad she got to come visit last weekend and meet "baby Caroline." It was so sweet and I treasure seeing them together.

There's a picture of the two of them and my favorite scripture for difficult times...

Psalm 23: 2-3

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love our new sweet Caroline! I know my Caroline would be happy to know that her Lindsay has a baby Caroline.

Love always,

Monica