Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What were we thinking???

This is what I was asking myself as I'm dropping my two boys off on their first day of Mother's Day Out! As they, along with the entire building it seems, are screaming, and looking at me with what can only be described as total panic. You really do have that moment where you just want to pick them up and say "never mind!". They can stay home with me until they are able to read novels right?? Then I remembered that I am having another baby in less than a week, and, in order to keep my sanity, they need to go. I also remembered all the wonderful things they will learn at school! So, I made myself leave and fortunately, found another mother in their class who also needed to calm down! We went and had some coffee, told our life stories, and felt much better!
The report at the end of the day was not too bad. They cried on and off. Loved the buggy ride, eating (of course), and singing songs. They wouldn't go down for a nap there, so the director called to see if I wanted to pick them up a little early. When I got there, the entire building wasn't napping!
God bless their teachers and the sweet director and I pray for their continued patience as I'm sure this will be quite an adjustment for my boys.
I called my mom from the car after I dropped them off (trying to hold it together) and she said "Well, how did it go?". I said "Let's see, the director's already walking around with Jack!"
I am bracing myself for tomorrow morning as I know it will be worse since now they know what's coming!
To be continued....

1 comment:

Catherine T said...

Don't worry...Amelia didn't nap either.