Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Three carseats!!

I definitely had one of those reality moments when I saw all 3 carseats with the kids in them strapped in the minivan! Could not quite believe they are all mine!!
I am glad to be home, although the hospital was wonderful and really like staying in a hotel!! Caroline and I got some quality bonding time!
I am really enjoying her. The second baby (or third) is so different since you are much more relaxed! You can really just stare and enjoy and love on her! She's been very good so far and I am getting some sleep and good naps thanks to my mom. My favorite thing is taking a nap with her in the room in the bassinett next to me!
The boys are adjusting well. They are so young, if it doesn't directly affect them, they're not interested. Jack laughs every time she cries and Collin just does his typical Collin stare at her. He keeps trying to get people who come to visit to take her home.
Thank goodness for my mom! I'm not quite sure how this is all going to work when she leaves, but we'll just go one hour at a time. ... I'm trying to really be present and notice the moments when all 3 are quiet and happy. It really does actually happen quite a bit during the day, but it's much easier sometimes to get caught up when they are all fussy!!
Like right now I'm savoring that Caroline is sleeping in the playpen and the boys are playing in their playroom without fighting. I'm drinking some coffee and publishing this post! And my nice mom is doing my laundry! A very nice morning!!

2 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

I am so glad everyone is adjusting well. She is absolutely precious!!! We can't wait to come and visit soon!

Stacy said...

Hey girl! Long time no see! Congratulations on your beautiful family.