Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time Out


Well, we've had to start some time outs in our house lately. I think when you have twins the hitting/pushing starts a little earlier because they are always in each other's space. I swear, they can have an entire room to play in and they will sit right on top of each other! So, I instituted some time outs really only for physical altercations that arise... I use these green placemats that are in a basket in the kitchen and put it in the hallway. They have to sit there for about 10 seconds or so. I am saying "they", but Jack is really the one who has gotten familiar with time out. Collin has only been in it once whereas Jack frequents it about twice a day. (He's going through a little testing boundaries phase!).

Anyways, many funny things have happened since we started this. Jack definitely understands what it means. Usually he still just laughs when he is in it, though, which makes it very hard for his parents not to laugh. Now he has started alternating between laughing and crying as I think he's not sure how he's supposed to feel about it. Also, several times during the day, he will go get a placemat himself and sit himself in "time out." He sits there and says "no, no, no!." Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery , right???

Also, the one time I did have to put Collin in time out for hitting, Jack went right away and got his own placemat and put it next to Collin, sitting himself in time out too. Solidarity! So sweet!

However, Collin has never returned the favor....

\This is such a funny age! I love it!

Here's a cute picture of my boys laughing at their funny dad! I actually got one of them together which takes a small miracle!

1 comment:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Sooooooooooooo cute! ...and I absolutely LOVE the last pics you posted of sweet Caroline. We need to get together again VERY soon!