Sunday, November 30, 2008

Scanlan Family Road Trip!
















We were very adventurous and headed down to Houston for Thanksgiving to visit my dad, Ellen, and aunt claire and Katie. I was worried that this would be our first and last attempt at a road trip! But, everything went really well! The way down was a breeze! We got up at 6 and just woke the kids up and threw them in the car! We drove as fast as we could without stopping until we made it almost to Houston! I packed tons of snacks which kept my boys very happy. Jack figured out that I was sitting behind him (next to Collin) and would just put his little snack cup up in the air for me to refill about every 10 minutes!!
The boys loved, loved, loved Houston! My dad and Ellen have a great backyard and the boys loved to run free. They played in the sandbox and pushed lots of wagons around. The toys Ellen got for them were a huge hit as well! They were big boys and ate their meals at a table. We only ran into some screaming about sleeping in the playpens, but they adjusted quickly!
Caroline also was a trooper and slept all the way down and back and slept great in Houston! She loved her swing which was so nicely provided by Ellen's sister Corrie!
Ellen cooked fabulous meals, as always, and we drank great wine! The girls played entertained the boys as well, so Sean and I felt like we were on a mini-vacation.
They asked us to come back at Easter so I'm thinking we didn't wear them out too much!
We really all had such a wonderful time and I"m so glad we went! Thank you Owen family!
Bear with me, but here are lots of pictures of our great time!
Here's a little synopsis of the pictures , hopefully in order
** Collin and Katie in the sandbox
** Claire and Collin in the backyard
** Grandpa Gary and Jack on the riding mower (Collin had no part of that!)
* everybody on a walk
** Claire and Katie and Jack and Collin
** Jack in the wagon
** Collin in his pajamas
** Caroline in her pretty dress
** mom and her 3 kiddos
** Grandparents and grandkids
And, as an added bonus, my mom comes on Tuesday which always makes me so happy! So nice to have company and we have lots of things on our to-do list! I love the holidays!

No comments: