Wednesday, April 1, 2009

breakfast conversation

The boys have really started talking to each other. When I say "talking", I mean their twin talk intermixed with real words here and there. So, you can sometimes get the gist of the conversation. Yesterday morning their conversation over breakfast went something like this

(they sit down at the table and see that they have waffles and bananas)...
Collin: jabberjabberjabber...waffles..mmmm...
Jack: jabberjabberjabber...mmmm...yeah...
Collin: hot...jabberjabberjabber...waffles!! (very excited inflection)
Jack: jabberjabberjabber... oh, wawa (his word for waffles)

So, I have deduced that this conversation actually was this...
Collin: We're having waffles this morning instead of those yucky whole wheat blueberry pancakes mom makes. Yummy
Jack: We've had those for the last 10 days.. mmm... yeah for waffles!
Collin: They are a little hot! I'm so happy to have the box waffles!!
Jack: Oh, thank goodness we are getting something different! Waffles are so much better!

I'm getting pretty good at this I think!!

1 comment:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

LOL...I love it! I think you've got it down!!