Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

As many of you know I spent my previous life as a speech therapist specifically working with little ones. Loved my job and loved having success helping little ones start talking. Well, when I found out I was having twins, I knew they would be a little delayed in their speech. When I found out it was two boys I tacked on a little more delay (sorry guys, little girls just mature faster). When they were ten weeks premature, I jokingly said they wouldn't talk until they were 3 (half-serious). Even though I know all of this, it still was getting a little hard that they are getting so big and still weren't saying much. Well, thank goodness we have some words now!! (this also helps reduce the whining and my bleeding ears!). It is so sweet to hear them talking, it really just makes me so happy! Collin is really taking off and says lots of words. He particularly likes "up" and "out" because they are so multi-functional and can get him just about anything he wants. He also imitates lots of words! Jack started saying "up" and "help". It is very cute when they start to cry/whine and then suddenly realize there is a faster way! Very proud of my boys!

1 comment:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

Yea! I can't wait to hear their sweet little voices over Christmas...we MUST get together!!!